Part Time/Full Time Employment Consultant
Job posted Monday 9th May, 2016
STEPS Employment, a division of Sydney Counselling Centre is offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced employment consultant with mental health experience to utilise their skills working with people with psychiatric diagnoses, physical disabilities and social disadvantage.
Working with your own case load of clients, 80% of your time will be spent working directly with job seekers in counselling, developing job interview and job search techniques, and possible on-site training where necessary with the aim of assisting them in achieving their employment goals.
The remainder of your time will be focused on liaising with prospective employers and other community agencies.
A background in Disability Employment Services (DES) and/or similar programs will be considered favourably.
- Sound understanding of a range of mental health diagnoses, physical illnesses, intellectual disabilities, people experiencing economic and social disadvantage, clients from CALD backgrounds, and those who are long-term unemployed. Direct experience with such populations will be highly considered.
- Demonstrated ability to place individuals in training and employment positions and to meet and exceed KPIs.
- Build relationships with employers and maintain these to ensure future opportunities for clients
- Articulate the above client issues to potential employers in a way the promotes the client's attributes while respecting privacy and confidentiality issues, but also allows employers to understand client needs in the workplace
- Able to interact successfully with a range of clients to engage and support them in counselling, interview preparation and interviews.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, file management and sound case note/report writing abilities are essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a small team
Police check and working with children/young person's check will apply.
Competitive salary package (depending on qualifications and experience) plus eligibility for Sydney Counselling Centre's incentive program.
Please forward through your resume and cover letter to Shane Brooks, Program Coordinator - email@example.com
Please understand that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
02 9415 1301
Clinical/Forensic Psychology Student Placement
Ongoing availability, please contact the office for more information
Sydney Counselling Centre provides post-graduate internships to students completing a Masters or Doctorate in Clinical or Forensic Psychology. Placements focus on clinical, forensic, neuropsychological and educational/developmental assessments, interventions and ongoing therapy services.
Source of clients is by way of referrals direct from the community; Legal Aid or legal representatives, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions and/or the Courts, the NSW Children’s Court Clinic, the Department of Immigration, Family Law Court of Australia; Centrelink's ‘Personal Support Program’ whose referral base is the occupational psychologists and Job Capacity Assessors (JCA's) within Centrelink; and our employment programs for people who are long-term unemployed with psychological and psychiatric barriers to work. Client contact is primarily adult, though some adolescent and child work available.
General counselling and assessment of children and adults within the community for education, learning difficulties, giftedness and vocational reviews are also routinely conducted.
For more information or to apply for a student placement at Sydney Counselling Centre, please send your CV through to [email protected] , and indicate your availability.